SOCK Software is pleased to announce that CodeHealer 2.6, a free update to all registered users, is now available for download and purchase.
Improvements in CodeHealer 2.6 include full compatibility with Delphi 2009 and 2010, also known as CodeGear RAD Studio 2009 and Embarcadero RAD Studio 2010, and improved detection of issues such as uninitialised variables and unused value assignments.
A trial version of CodeHealer that is fully functional, but only works for a period of 30 days from the date of installation, can be downloaded from our Web site at:
Please download it and try it for yourself, and if you have any questions you can post them here or contact us via email as described in the CodeHealer Help file.
The SOCK Software team
What's new in CodeHealer 2.6
- Added full support for Delphi 2009 and 2010 for Win32 (CodeGear RAD Studio 2009 and Embarcadero RAD Studio 2010), generic types and anonymous methods.
- Now detect more instances of issues such as uninitialised variables and unused value assignments.
- Now detect more hidden symbols such as class properties, fields and methods hidden by method parameters of the same name.
- Parser and other error message boxes are no longer displayed when Unattended Quiet Mode is set from the command line.
- No longer display the A1004 Hidden Name message for class properties from the Delphi source folders that are hidden by local parameters, such as "parameter 'Action' hides the property of the same name in Forms.pas" that was occurring for all FormClose event handlers.
- Functions or procedures without parameters that hide functions or procedures with parameters and vice versa (so could not be confused) no longer fail the Hidden Name check.
- Locals, parameters etc that have the same name as built in System functions that take parameters (so could not be confused) no longer fail the Hidden Name check.
- Improved the automated operation log messages and added some basic counts to the log messages.
- Now automatically include all folders one level below the Delphi Source folder in the default search and include paths.
- Improved handling of dereferencing procedurals with pointer result types.
- Fix: Fixed empty automated exported analysis results when grouping the results by module.
- Fix: Fixed parsing of strict private and strict protected directives for old object types for Delphi 2005 and later.
- Fix: Currency, PAnsiChar, and PWideChar are now correctly distinct types for function and procedure overloading.
- Fix: Numerous other minor fixes