We are pleased to announce that a CodeHealer 2.8 Beta with full support for Embarcadero RAD Studio XE1 and Embarcadero RAD Studio XE2 (also known as Delphi XE1 and XE2 or Delphi 2011 and 2012) has been released to our Beta testers.
Significant changes in 2.8 are currently:
- Added full support for Embarcadero RAD Studio XE2 (Delphi 2012 for Win32).
- Added full support for Embarcadero RAD Studio XE1 (Delphi 2011 for Win32).
- Added ASSEMBLER, CPUX86, NATIVECODE and UNICODE predefined compiler directives for the appropriate platforms.
- Added support for the $BDSBIN, $BDSCOMMONDIR, $BDSINCLUDE, $BDSLIB and $BDSUSERDIR macros in file and path names.
- Fixed occasional assertion error causing abnormal termination checking generic parameters to procedural types declared with a forward declaration.
- Fixed occasional access violation on certain function methods with no parameters returning a generic array type.
- Ensured that TObject and arrays declared as generic types are always treated as different parameter types for overloading.
- Corrected occasional parser type mismatches with Character and Character Pointer assignments for Unicode versions of Delphi.
- Improved parsing and support of generic types and anonymous methods.
- Improved matching of generic array element types for method overloading.
- Updated the company name to Code Healer Group in the copyright notices, exported reports footers and elsewhere. This is just a company rename to better reflect the focus of our business and has no other significance or impact.
- Numerous other small fixes and improvements.
Do check back here every now and then for status updates, but we will, as always, notify everyone as soon as the update is generally available, and it will be free to all registered users.
All the best,
Jud Cole and the Code Healer Group team